All sales centres will reopen on 12th April 2021Find out more

Step into your new Llanmoor home with Rhondda Cynon Taf Council’s ‘Homestep Scheme’

For the past 3 years award-winning Welsh housebuilder, Llanmoor Homes, has been providing first-time buyers in the Rhondda Cynon Taf region the opportunity to buy brand new homes at an affordable price through Rhondda Cynon Taf Council’s Homestep initiative.

The scheme allows for 20 of Llanmoor’s two bedroom properties at their Padfield Court, Tonyrefail development to be sold at 70% of the open market value to those who are unable to afford a new-build home at the full market price. The remaining 30%, which is held by the Council, is interest free and there is no deadline for homeowners to pay the percentage back.

Leigh Thomas, 29, who bought his Llanmoor home through the Homestep Scheme in December 2015, says: I’d been trying to get on the property ladder for a while but had been struggling to afford the larger mortgage repayments due to my single household income.

When Angie, Llanmoors Padfield Court Sales Negotiator, bought my attention to the Homestep Scheme upon viewing the property I was thrilled. I think it’s an absolutely fantastic scheme and one that gives aspiring homeowners who can’t currently afford a huge mortgage the opportunity to be independent and own their own home.

It’s a great feeling knowing that I’m no longer wasting my money on rent but instead investing in my future.The help and guidance Angie provided throughout the whole process was invaluable and the aftercare I’ve since received from the Site Manager, Dale, has also been outstanding. To qualify for Homestep, applicants must be able raise a mortgage with a suitable mortgage lender, not already own a home and be unable to afford a similar property on the open market.

Llanmoor currently have just 2 Chelsea homes available to buy at $87,496.50 under the Homestep Scheme with a further three yet to be made available on the sought-after development in Tonyrefail. Boasting a large lounge, kitchen/dining area with French doors to the rear garden and a walk-in wardrobe to the master bedroom, the Chelsea home is an incredibly popular choice amongst first-time buyers. In 2017, Llanmoor Homes will further establish their partnership with Rhondda Cynon Taf Council by making the scheme available on a limited number of homes in St Ilids Meadow in Llanharan (two and three bedroom Chelsea and Bayswater homes) and Bryn Meurig in Llanharry (two bedroom Chelsea homes). These homes will be available at 75% of their open market value, the Council retaining the other 25% by means of a second legal charge.

Cllr Joy Rosser, Rhondda Cynon Taf Council’s Cabinet Member for Prosperity, Wellbeing and Communities, said:We are committed to helping residents, especially first-time buyers, to get on the property ladder and recognise the importance of a thriving housing market in RCT, for the economy and the associated industries.

The average household income in RCT is around $23,000, leaving up to 60% of first time buyers priced out of the market. They do not have the income to afford a mortgage and the higher deposits they often have to save for are simply unattainable.Our longstanding partnership with Llanmoor Homeshas been one of great success and we’re immensely excited for all new releases in the pipeline. Llanmoor’s continual support in providing homes that cater for a vast majority of homeowners is extremely commendable and demonstrates a strong commitment to Rhondda CynonTaf’scommunity.

Llanmoor’s Padfield Court Sales Centre is open Thursday-Monday (inclusive), 11am-5pm and can be contacted on 01443 674376. Alternatively please visit www.llanmoor-homes.com for additional information or join the Homestep Contact List at

www.homefinderrct.org.uk/content/Homestep (if viewing on a mobile, click view full site and find Homestep under Housing Options).

See our developments