Buying With Us
Old vs New
Why Choose New...
If you buy a second hand home from day one you will be spending additional money and most importantly your time to convert the home to your own style. Essential repairs may be necessary, not to mention higher long term running costs. Enjoy open-plan kitchen/breakfast rooms with new, energy efficient appliances, lovely reception rooms full of natural light and more luxurious bathrooms and ensuites. Buying a new home gives you a great opportunity to stamp your own individual mark on a blank canvas. Personalise your home with our finishing touches, it’s a great opportunity to stamp your style and turn your house into your perfect home.
In addition, New Build homes are built to much higher standards and with ever rising energy costs, energy efficiency is an important aspect to consider when buying a new home. Overall, new build homes are far cheaper to run and will dramatically lower your households carbon footprint. According to the Zero Carbon Hub, “Living in a new home could create annual savings of up to 55% compared with an older property”
Llanmoor Homes meet these efficiencies with the use of state of the art products;
- All homes are fitted with Central Heating boilers with an ‘A’ Energy rating. The boiler is at least 90% energy efficient. Heating systems can also be dual zone time and temperature controlled so that you can regulate the heat in different parts of your home at different times of the day.
- Floors, Cavity Walls and roof spaces are installed with high levels of insulation to ensure your home stays warm and welcoming.
- A large amount of heat is lost in an old home through small un-noticed holes poorly fitted doors and windows, which create cold drafts. To ensure that high build standards are achieved and maintained, Llanmoor homes are randomly air tested to ensure that they are air tight ensuring precious heat is not lost.
- Lighting in the home is energy efficient.
- All windows and external doors are double glazed with Ultra Low ‘E’ energy efficient glass.
- All kitchens are fitted with appliances that are at least ‘A’ rated energy efficient.
- Toilets, Bathrooms and en suites are fitted with water efficient taps and WC’s. These fittings are designed to help save water without compromising performance.
- Every new home is given an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). This shows how energy efficient the property is on a scale of A-G, similar to that displayed on many household goods. Llanmoor homes are generally ‘B’ rated energy efficient. The EPC also gives advice on how you can improve your already excellent efficiency, such as installing Solar panels and how much this will improve your homes efficiency and reduce your bills.
- Llanmoor homes are fitted with smart metering to help you understand how energy efficient you are and how you can maybe save energy and reduce your bills.
Just like buying a new car there is nothing better than the freshness of a new home, untouched by anyone else, with your own personal choices installed from our wide range of colour choices and extras from kitchens and bathrooms to flooring and tiling.
Safety and Security...
New homes are built to the highest standards of safety from the gas and electrical installations, smoke and heat detectors, fire resistant materials to the safety glass and door and window locks. Modern locks mean cheaper home insurance.
Saving money and the environment...
New homes are much more eco friendly and are up to four times more energy efficient than older properties. We install the latest energy saving central heating boilers, equipment and insulation, giving you smaller bills and carbon footprint.
With the latest materials used from UPVC windows and doors to the treated joists, roof timbers and tiles, short and long term maintenance is much less than in older properties.
Peace of mind...
Most new homes are protected by the National House-Building Council’s (NHBC) 10 year Buildmark warranty and insurance. The NHBC is the standard setting body carrying out inspections at various stages throughout construction. It is the leading warranty and insurance provider for cover on more than 80% of new homes built in the UK and currently protects 1.7 million homes.
For development specific benefits speak to one of our Sales Executives.